CREATING BEAUTIFUL SMILES WITH
Cosmetic & Restorative Dental Services
A beautiful smile contributes to a better mood, it affects self-esteem, and it allows us to make a good impression on others.
At our dental clinic, we offer advanced methods and technologies with which we aid the whiteness of your smile. Virtually all dentistry is cosmetic in the sense it improves the appearance of your teeth. Teeth that are damaged by accident, age, or otherwise typically must be reconstructed or repaired to regain function. We maintain that this aspect combines the thought of both reconstruction of your smile and improvement of appearance!
We can upgrade smiles with bonding to repair damage. Bonding is a painless and quick way to repair chips in your teeth. Bonding uses a white plastic paste, called composite resin - a plastic that is semi-liquid at first, but that becomes hard and durable when cured with light.
This material may be tinted to match the colour of natural teeth and can also be contoured and shaped to resemble the missing part of a chipped tooth. It can be painted over a stained tooth, and it can make a fractured tooth look whole and perfect. Composite resin can build up the size of teeth so gaps between them are reduced or eliminated altogether. This is a multi-step procedure.
- Your dentist puts a mild chemical on your tooth to make it a little rough. This step helps the composite resin stick better to the enamel of your tooth
- The composite resin is mixed and tinted to match the colour of your natural teeth
- Your dentist puts the composite resin on your tooth in layers
- A very bright curing light is used to harden each layer of resin as it is put on your tooth
Finally - After the last layer of composite resin is hardened (or cured), your dentist shapes and polishes the resin so the finished tooth looks natural and smooth.
What we like about bonding:
- It's painless. There's usually only minor drilling involved, so there is no need for a local anesthetic
- It doesn't take much time. Several teeth can usually be veneered in one visit
- It costs a lot less than crowns. Before direct veneering, crowns were the only way to improve the look of chipped, widely-spaced or discoloured teeth
- It can be used on children, because bonded material can be removed and replaced as children's teeth grow
What we don’t like about bonding:
- Bonding treatment won’t last as long as crowns. It may last from five to 10 years, compared to 10 to 20 years for crowns
- Some composite resins may be stained by tobacco, coffee, tea, blueberries, grape juice, cherries and red wine
- If the seal between your tooth and the bonding material isn't entirely perfect, decay may occur under the composite resin
Bonding ‘before’ pictures
Bonding ‘after’ pictures
Sometimes we utilize a variety of whitening techniques to remove decades of stains from teeth which is simply the price of advancing years. Our Free Whitening for Life Program is popular with all patients – junior and senior. Patients call upon us for partial or complete smile makeovers because they have decided they deserve to look their best. In every single case the statement has been made – ‘I wish I had done this years earlier’!
Cosmetic dentistry is not limited to Hollywood types. Our dentists can make improvements to any smile, and to suit any budget. Make an appointment for your cosmetic consultation today!